Wilson, NC, GAS SAVING TIPS, TARBORO, NC AND MORE!
Gasoline/Diesel Saving TIPS
Follow all of the below and could save 30%+ ($20+ on every $60)
- Keep tires inflated at specified and higher pressure if you do a lot of highway driving and carrying extra weight-multiple people, luggage, etc. Appropriate
tire inflation also extends tire life. Check about monthly, when tires are ‘cold’. Use great valve caps
- Slow down-Driving at 75 MPH uses 10%+ more fuel than driving at 65 MPH
- Accelerate slow, like you have a raw egg under your foot, that you do not want to break
- Use Cruise control when possible-allows for smooth acceleration, better on engine also
- When start engine, warm it up for only a few seconds, then drive very slow for 1+ minute, for engine warm up - no need to idle for many minutes - remote
starter wastes fuel
- If manual transmission, ride in the highest gear as practical
- If going to idle engine for more than 2 minutes, shut it down. If Diesel, let idle for 2 minutes then shut down (idle cools engine).
- Combine short trips-a cold vehicle uses maximum fuel
- Get extra weight out of vehicle-Items not used-things in truck, back seat, etc.
- Keep car tuned (Plugs, air filter, etc.) and repaired (e.g. faulty oxygen sensor can
hurt mileage as much as 40%).
- If possible, go slow when approaching red lights. Do not rush up, hit brake and then sit at red light
- When using A/C, once vehicle is cool, put A/C on recirculation
- Use Octane gas specified. Using higher grades than specified does not improve performance-note-this is a money, not gas saving idea
- Keep vehicle exterior clean-improves aerodynamics
- If have removable roof rack, remove it to improve aerodynamics
- Use recommended engine oil. If vehicle designed for 5W-30, do not use 10W-30.